Twin Cities Chapter Muskies Inc.
Members Only Contest Rules and Regulations
1.) A muskie must be caught on legal sport fishing tackle (hook & line) in the United States or Canada in strict compliance with all local, state, or provincial laws and seasons. A muskie must be caught in season to count.
2.) A muskie must be hooked and played by only one person, and only that person may enter the muskie in the contest. Assistance in landing is permitted.
3.) Entrant must be a member in good standing of Muskies Inc. prior to catching the muskie.
4.) All fish over 30” must be registered within 30 days of the catch. Only those fish over 30” will count toward your total points for the yearly contest. There are three ways to register your fish and they are as follow:
a. Register you fish on-line at the International Website. www.muskiesinc.org . You must sign in to the site to register your fish.
b. Print out a registration form and mail it to: Eric Bakke, 877 21st Ave SE, Mpls, MN 55414.
c. Fill out the registration form and email it to Eric Bakke at email@example.com.
Fish that are not registered (or postmarked) before the 30 day limit will not count towards a members total points.
5.) The longest muskie released by a member of the Twin Cities Chapter Muskies Inc. (all divisions) will receive a free replica of their muskie courtesy of the Twin Cities Chapter Muskies Inc. and Lax Reproductions, 5455 Hwy 45, Conover, WI. (Total of 1 per year) This is the longest by total inches including fraction of inches. Here are the stipulations to win the replica:
a. At least one verifiable witness and at least one verifiable side view horizontal photograph of the muskie is required.
b. In the case of a tie, the fish that was caught and registered first (by catch date) is the winner and will receive the replica.
c. Members may only win the free replica once every 20 years.
d. Any and all discrepancies will be brought to the Chapter Contest Committee for review and their decision will be final.
Twin Cities Chapter Member’s Only Contest Awards
1. Men’s - 10 Awards. Any male member 18 years of age or older. Once you win you will be moved to the Master Division.
2. Women’s - 3 Awards. Any female member 18 years of age or older. Once you win you will be moved to the Master Division.
3. Men’s Masters - 3 Awards. Any male member who has won the Men’s Division.
4. Women’s Masters - 3 Awards. Any female member who has won the Women’s Division.
5. Junior’s - 3 Awards. Any male or female member 17 years of age or less on January 1 of a calendar year.
6. Hybrid - 1 Award per division. The Top Hybrid catcher of each division will get a plaque reflecting just their hybrid points.
7. Standings will be posted on the Twin Cities Chapter Muskies Inc. website and newsletter each month.
8. The contest officially comes to an end on Dec. 31st.
Lunker of the Month Award
The Lunker of the Month Award is given out each month to any member of the Twin Cities Chapter Muskies, Inc. who catches and registers the longest muskie during that month. Muskies must be 45” or larger to qualify for the LOTM Award. If no fish was caught and registered over the 45’ marker during a month, no award will be given for that month. In the case of a tie, the fish that was caught and registered first (by catch date) is the winner. Entrant must be a member in good standing of Muskies Inc. prior to catching the muskie.
What is the Point System? Release points are based on 4 points for each release over 30” and 1 point for each inch over 30”. Any measurement of ½” or longer will be rounded up. Any fraction of less than ½” will be dropped.
All Awards will be handed out at an Awards Ceremony during our General meeting in February.